Tuesday, May 13, 2008

Softflex, wire, and more beads

Yesterday my SoftFlex came in. It's only the original color and some bronze/golden color, I decided to start with that as I don't have a lot of use for different color beading cable at this time. It's all three thicknesses of 49 strand wire. I could say "SoftFlex has come back to East Hawaii" - it has. I got mine from Ben Franklin before, but they don't have it anymore.

My wire order came in some time last week, sterling silver in 20-24 gauges, some soft and some half hard, and 24 gauge full hard.

The beads came in long before that. It is mostly 4mm beads, some aventurine, and larger donuts (20-25mm) than are otherwise locally available, aventurine, turquoise howlite and tigereye. In fact, I sold the 6mm onyx rounds already, to somebody who questioned my pricing, bought them anyway and then found out that they weren't glass druks but onyx.


Given the rest of what's going on in life, I didn't make much jewelry other than some seed bead eyeglass retainers (you can find them on Craigslist (Hawaii, obviously))

No comments: