Wednesday, April 4, 2012

There's an end to this clove tree seed season

After about 10 months of having clove tree seeds there really is an end now. I found about 10 in the last 2 weeks. Not enough to put an order of any size together that is worth mailing, considering that they have to be inspected and/or mailed. I will now have time to deal with the large amount of seedlings (which I cannot ship, please don't ask) and try to sell them locally. I'm sure I will lose most of them in transplanting as clove seedlings are forever finicky. If any of my local readers interested, please let me know, you got first dibs (on the ones that are already in planters).

In the meantime I have picked some more Job's Tears which you can find in my Etsy, Artfire and Zibbet shops (under hilobeads), but still way less than I sold last year so I may run out again later in the year. The main time to pick those is now or past, they really are a mostly winter crop here.

As winter crops go in Hawaii, as little success as I had with snow peas I decided not to plant any this winter. My arugula is already bolting (but it tends to do that in April), and much to my surprise my tree kale is blooming. I have no idea what to do with that. Tree Kale, for all I know isn't supposed to bloom, so it remains to be seen what comes off that. I really hope it won't die on me as I found it really difficult to get another one after the last one died.
It's time to plant my pole beans and tomatoes. The celery and green onions are doing OK so far.

Connie included me in this Etsy treasury:

'Green Rose Hula' by redemptionart

"My love goes to the green rose, the blossom I esteem the highest"This hula is written in honor of the indigenous Hawaiian green rose...as with most Hawaiian ballads there is the hidden message of lovers...Enjoy!~Team Hilo Etsy


Vintage Button Neck...
$45.00

Noa Noa Book by the...
$12.00

Light Color Hawaiia...
$12.00

Children Baby Onesi...
$12.00

Moria Artisan Gemso...
$8.00

Miniature CloisonnÃ...
$32.50

Pretty Hand Painted...
$36.00

Green Pearl Beaded ...
$25.95

Men's Boxer Cot...
$18.00

Green Handmade Recy...
$11.00

Round Wall Mirror -...
$110.00

Earthy Tones Heart ...
$10.50

Gardenia Fragrance ...
$4.80

Hawaiian Hula Dolls...
$164.00

Kona Coffee Burlap ...
$50.00

Tahitian Gardenia (...
$7.00

Treasury tool supported by three quick questions



No comments: