Thursday, October 16, 2008

Artists' Fair, Oct. 18, at Hilo Art&Glass Supply

As I don't have much of an idea how many people read my blog who are in this neighborhood: I'm going to be at the Artists' Fair at Hilo Art and Glass Supply this Saturday, Oct. 18, 10-4, planning on mostly still selling supplies for your Christmas presents, rather than a lot of jewelry, but I have some jewelry as well. If you're interested I can show you how to make memory wire hoop earrings (no formal class though, you can just stop by and I can show you - and I have some round nose pliers available, not a whole lot, so come early if you need a pair). I had at some point thought of bringing my torch, but I think that's not going to work, and there are likely to be much better lampworkers around than rookie me.

Some new things came in as well: mixed gemstone strands at $2-3 each (these are over a foot long), 13 piece fan collars in several gemstones/colors. I'll have $1.- bags of findings, ranging from split rings through clasps to rubber earring stoppers and memory wire. There are still $2.- fresh water pearl strands, the only SoftFlex in East Hawaii, and of course all the Swarovski crystal colors and Jablonex Ornela seed bead colors and all the gemstones listed on the HiloBeads website. I may get around to counting Sterling Silver and gold filled 2x2mm crimps into $1.- bags, but I may not.

See you this Saturday at Hilo Art and Glass Supply, 318 Kino'ole Street, in Downtown Hilo, between Sack&Save and L&L Drive In, in front of the former Farmers' Exchange building.

No comments: